Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Friday, August 10, 2007

I know the new BV Book Club book!

The Bossier Voices first (and only) book club will have its first meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday Sept. 6 at Shogun Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar in Bossier City and I just heard from Bossier librarian Vickie Hardin as to the new choice.
To prove I can keep a secret, even though history shows otherwise, I have decided to wait until I have a mouth full of sushi on Thursday and let Hardin do the annoucing.
The book club began as a seed of an idea and now has since grown to about 25 members who can’t wait to stay up on the latest bestsellers and make some new friends.
Members should mark their calendars for Sept. 6 and prepare for a fun evening. At the meeting we will discuss regular meeting times that coordinate with busy schedules, and blogging about our books in the interim.
For instance, do members want to meet monthly in person? Scott Anderson, technology guru for The Shreveport Times, plans to set up a chat room at www.bossiervoices.com where members can discuss the book at any time.
My question is this: ARE YOU PLANNING ON ATTENDING? Lemme know! We can coordinate our outfits for a night on the town...

Shogun Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar 3150 E. Texas StBossier City, LA 71111(318) 752-3118

1 Comments:

Blogger Patsy said...

Hi Jane,
I'm so excited to get started!
Yes, I plan on attending the book club meeting. See you soon.

August 10, 2007 at 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home